Tessa J. Cervantes, M.D.
Dr. Cervantes is a native Texan, originally from the Rio Grande Valley and fluent in Spanish. She has been providing medical and cosmetic dermatology care for Austinites for the last 3 years and is excited to bring her skills and high-quality patient care to the Southwest team in Buda.
Dr. Cervantes graduated cum laude from the University of Texas at Austin and was a recipient of the Terry Foundation Scholarship. She completed medical school, internship in internal medicine and dermatology residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
While in medical school, Dr. Cervantes was the founder of the Run from the Sun 5K, served as clinic chief for the Student Run Skin Clinic, was President of the Dermatology Interest Group and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society.
She served as Chief Dermatology Resident during her final year in residency and has been published in several peer-reviewed journals, as well as presented at several scientific meetings.
Dr. Cervantes has been active in the medical community; she is the current President of the Austin Dermatology Society, previously served as Secretary and she has served as Vice President of the Hispanic Physician’s Association.
Her interests include skin cancer prevention and treatment, to include surgical and non-surgical options, adult and pediatric medical dermatology, with a special interest in cosmetic dermatology.
She is especially versed in combining injectables and the use of threading to create lasting, natural age reversal. Dr. Cervantes wants to keep you looking like yourself, just a younger, more refreshed version. She enjoys attending cosmetic trainings and workshops to stay current on the latest techniques.
She loves living in Austin and enjoying the benefits of working in a small community where you get to know your patients well. You can find her spending time outdoors with her husband, young son and four rescue dogs.
Professional Experiences and Honors
- Board certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- President of the Austin Dermatological Society
- Selected as one of Super Doctors’ Texas Rising Stars 2018 and 2019
- Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Member of the Texas Medical Association and the Travis County Medical Association
What Patients Are Saying:
- “Tessa Cervantes is the best doctor I have ever had the good fortune of seeing. I would highly recommend her to anyone with a challenging condition. She went the extra mile for me and I am very thankful for her dedication.” – Daniel D. (September, 2019)
- “I will always recommend every one to come here Dr Cervantes is so sweet and caring she’s the best doctor ever.” – Anita B. (September, 2019)
- “This was our first visit to SW Derm. My beautiful wife and I enjoyed visiting with the staff and Dr. Cervantes. We both felt like we were in good hands. We highly recommend SW Dermatology. Another good reason not to go to Austin. Dr. Cervantes is awesome.” – Michael L. (September, 2019)
Notice to Patients
Dr. Cervantes will no longer be seeing patients after Thurs. February 25th, 2021 in our Buda Location.
Dr. Cervantes is relocating to San Antonio to be near family and will be missed.
For further, information please click HERE
Mon-Fri 8AM – 5PM
211B N FM 1626
Buda, TX 78610